Working within Herman Senior means working within a dynamic family-owned business which has been active in the maritime industry since 1976. Working in an informal, open and pleasant atmosphere with a dedicated team of maritime professionals. Join the family and commit yourself to an industry which is different every day.
Are you are interested in working at Herman Senior? Please take a look at our current vacancies. If your position is currently not listed, please feel free to send us an open application.
We are dedicated to investing in our people and equipment to be ready for the challenges to come. This is why we are looking for interns who would like to go through their internship on our vessels on a regular basis.
Internship Mate/ Engineer up to 3000 GT
We are always looking for motivated interns who can work together in small groups. The trainee must have completed the SWK training and look for an internship to complete his studies. The intern must possess a high level of insight and understanding about the work and willing to learn. He will be accompanied by Dutch officers and engineers to learn the trades of the craft the right way.
In the past, several students have completed their internships with us, some of them are still working within the company.
Requirements intern mate/engineer up to 3000GT:
- Valid seaman's book
- Valid (Dutch) maritime medical examination (at least 1 year validity)
- Advanced Fire Fighting course achieved
- Modern ships with the latest technology
- Internet on board *
- Satellite TV in all cabins
- Very good working conditions
- Great learning possibilities
- Career growth opportunities
* Internet available in all European countries. When the ship will sail in another trade, the local amenities viewed and purchased whenever possible
Maritime officer / SWK
We are looking for a Maritime Officer with minimum certification up to 3000 GT and power less than 3000kW (VII/2 minimum for CoC). Do you have the required certification and have a vast experience on tugboats or multicats, respond swiftly.
- You are responsible for operating the engine room (daily maintenance and all other points of support);
- You manoeuvre the boat and assist the captain when required;
- You are responsible for all safety on the ship;
- You will manage the necessary administration from the engine room and communicate it to the office;
- Create reports about breakdowns;
The work of the vessels will mostly consist of:
- Anchor handling,
- Towing or pushing,
- Offshore activities,
- General Dredging assistance
- Diving support
In short a very varied job.
You meet the following qualifications and experience:
- Certificate of Competency with minimum maritime officer 3000 GT and <3000kW (VII/2);
- Valid CoC with Manilla amendments;
- Radar Management level is a plus;
- Basic Safety Training and Advanced Fire Fighting;
- Valid medical examinations for sea-going vessels (according to Dutch Shipping Inspection);
- Experience with shoalbuster / multicats is preferred;
- Passport to be valid for at least >6 months;
- A modern and versatile fleet;
- Working schedule based on a one on one system *
- Internet on board **
- A challenging position in an innovative family company;
- Good primary and secondary working conditions;
* Countries within Europe this is four weeks on four weeks off, outside of Europe this will be six weeks on six weeks off due to travel time and costs
** Internet available in all European countries. When the ship sails in another region, the local will be evaluated and purchased whenever possible.
Acquisition of this vacancy is not appreciated.